July 15, 2013. Details for Appalachian State University football’s annual Fan Fest, which is set for Saturday, Aug. 17, at Kidd Brewer Stadium, have been finalized.
After featuring a concert with a modest admission charge for the past two years, admission for Fan Fest will once again be free in 2013.
This year’s Fan Fest will include a chance to interact with Mountaineer student-athletes, coaches and cheerleaders, Appalachian State’s final intrasquad scrimmage before the Aug. 31 season opener at Montana and a dazzling fireworks display to cap the evening.
Schedule of events:
- 5 p.m.: Gates open and the traditional family-friendly Fan Fest activities begin. Activities include: Mountaineer student-athletes, coaches and cheerleaders signing autographs and taking pictures with fans, face painting, inflatable rides for kids and access to the Kidd Brewer Stadium playing field.
- 7 p.m.: Appalachian State football holds its final intrasquad scrimmage of the preseason.
- Fireworks immediately following scrimmage.
- Admission: Admission to Fan Fest is free. The Yosef Club will contact premium seat holders (club seats and luxury suites) with regards to utilizing their seats/suits during an event.
- Tailgating: Tailgating will be permitted in designated areas on campus. Details regarding tailgating will be announced once they are finalized.