This Fall, the Community Music School (CMS) at Appalachian State University offers another semester of music classes at the Broyhill Music Center in Boone and the HUB Station in Hudson! Classes begin the week of September 6 and lessons can begin anytime in the semester.
Visit CMS’s website, music.appstate.edu/cms, to learn more and register.
Programs at the Broyhill Music Center
- Appalachian Youth Chorale Ages 7-14 – Begins Sept. 6
- Youth Drum and Dance NEW! Ages 5-10 (parents/family welcome!) – Begins Sept. 7
- Community Drumming Ages 11-adult (NEW curriculum!) – Begins Sept. 7
- App Rocks! Rock band class for ages 10-14 – Begins Sept. 8
- Appalachian Community Orchestra Ages 12-adult – Begins Sept. 8
- Let’s Play Piano! Ages 7-11 – Begins Sept. 12
- Private Lessons Ages 5-adult – Begin anytime in the semester, in person or online.
Programs at the HUB Station Arts Center in Hudson
CMS offers the opportunity to select “Pay What You Can” options in the registration forms for group programs. The regular tuition price of $275 goes directly to the costs of running the programs, but participants and families can select to receive a scholarship towards the class if needed. Tuition assistance may be available for private lessons.
Register for programs at music.appstate.edu/cms.
Contact the Community Music School:
- Lisl Doughton, Director
- [email protected]
Courtesy of the Community Music School.