By Jesse Wood
The Watauga County Board of Commissioners will meet on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. for its bimonthly meeting in the Watauga County Administration Building on King Street.
- Boone Fire Chief Jimmy Isaacs will discuss the proposed fire tax rate increase for the Boone Rural Fire Service District.
- Hospitality House Director Tina Krause will answer questions regarding Hospitality operations and services.
- A public hearing will be held for commissioners to listen to citizen comment regarding the fiscal year 2016-17 budget, which is available for review at www.wataugacounty.org, at county manager’s office or at public libraries.
- Watauga County requested NCDOT funding for the pavement of the new ambulance base near Vilas and Cove Creek. The NCDOT provides up to $25,000 in funding for paving emergency services facilities. The initial paving estimate for the local base is $30,000.
- The ASU Foundation is seeking a renewal of a lease agreement with the county at the landfill site for the organization’s greenhouse.
See the entire agenda and meeting packet here.