Come out to see the extraordinary climbing films at 8 p.m. on Sept. 16 on Tate Lawn at Lees-McRae. Hosted by the LMC Climbing Team, the REEL ROCK Film Tour will feature footage from the sport’s biggest stories and athletes. Don’t miss out on this exhilarating opportunity!
Before the film, there will be an opening reception with information booths and vendors at 7 p.m. Flat Top Brewing Company will be serving beverages throughout the evening.
The film will feature athletes that include:
- Young Guns – 15-year-old Ashima Shiraishi and 16-year-old Kai Lightner are the leaders of the next generation, already taking the sport to the next level. A trip to Norway puts their skills to the test, and Ashima attempts to make history on a V15 boulder in Japan.
- Boys in the Bugs – Will Stanhope and Matt Segal are elite-level crack climbers and world-class goofballs. Laugh along as they go for broke on an epic four-year battle to climb a forbidding 5.14 finger crack high in the Canadian alpine wilderness of the Bugaboos.
- Brette Harrington – Follow rising talent Brette Harrington on a global journey from her hometown granite in Squamish to the big wall proving ground of Yosemite’s El Capitan and onto a landmark free solo in Patagonia.
- Rad Dad – Lone wolf Mike Libecki travels to the most remote corners of the globe to find unclimbed walls and establish first ascents. When Mike becomes a father, he has a new challenge: to reconcile his life of adventure with the demands of parenthood, but he may also gain a new partner for his expeditions.
- Dodo’s Delight – Join Sean Villanueva O’Driscoll, Ben Ditto, and brothers Nico and Olivier Favresse for a rollicking musical journey across open seas and up unclimbed big walls.
The Film Tour will benefit the Catalyst Sports Boone Chapter and the LMC Climbing Team. The event is free for all Lees-McRae students, faculty and staff and is open to the public with an $8 admission fee.
For more information, contact Renee Baker, coordinator for campus life and student engagement, at [email protected], or visit the official REEL ROCK website.