By Jesse Wood
With snowfall not expected to return until midnight, the Boone Town Council is still planning on meeting Thursday, Jan. 21, at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers located on Blowing Rock Road.
You can view the meeting agenda and packet here.
Below is a preview of what the council members will discuss.
- The Boone Town Council will hold a public hearing and a proposed ordinance as been drafted to designate the Downtown Boone Post Office as a local historic landmark.
- Representatives of Combs, Tennant and Carpenter, PC will present the Town of Boone’s 2014-15 fiscal year annual audit.
- Resolution for council’s support of the carbon fee and dividend federal legislation proposed in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Request for adoption of rules of procedures for the Historic Preservation Commission and general design principles and guidelines for historic landmarks and districts designated by the Town of Boone.
- Approval of Southern Appalachian Historical Association (SAHA) release for 2016.
- Consideration of cases heard at the Jan. 6 special public hearing: University Outlook Conditional District Zoning Map Amendment and Appendix B Revised Plant List – UDO Text Amendment.
- Discussion of 2013 Housing Analysis study, which noted that student housing was overbuilt and this oversupply would continue to increase.