Compiled by Jesse Wood
The Boone Town Council is meeting on Monday, June 5, to discuss the town’s recommended budget for fiscal year 2017-18. The workshop/retreat starts at 8:30 a.m. and the entire day is penciled in for budget discussions.
Town Manager John Ward recently released the recommended budget with his budget message, dated May 30, to the public. Budget highlights documented by staff in Ward’s message include:
- Maintains current tax rate at $0.41
- Recommends no increases in water and sewer fees
- Maintains current service levels
- Recommends no new positions
- Recommends a 3 percent pay for performance for town employees
- $115,000 fund balance for Outside Agency funding.
The nearly $15-million general fund budget is a 1 percent increase above the current year’s budget. Peruse the entire budget here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.