Dec. 10, 2014. Investigators with the Boone Police Department arrested Gloria Powell Hildebran, 43, of Morganton, on Dec. 5, 2014, and charged her with three counts of felony embezzlement from her prior employer, RHA Health Services.
Hildebran was given a $10,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 22, 2015, appearance in Watauga District Court. This resulted from an October 15, 2014, report regarding the illegal use of funds by Ms. Hildebran.
On Nov. 17, 2014, an incident was reported to the Boone Police Department regarding a vehicle that had been broken into at the Village of Meadowview Apartments. The victim’s financial cards were stolen out of the vehicle and subsequently used.
Investigators with the Boone Police Department have charged David Lee Morgan, 18, of Boone, with the following offenses:
– One count of Felony Breaking and Entering a Motor Vehicle
– Two counts of Felony Financial Card Theft
– Three counts of Felony Obtaining Property by False Pretense
– Three counts of Misdemeanor Financial Card Fraud
– One count of Misdemeanor Larceny
Mr. Morgan was assigned a $10,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 20, 2015, court appearance.