by Madison V. Fisler
April 23, 2014. April has been designated as the second annual North Carolina Beer Month, and Blowing Rock is ensuring that everyone in the High Country gets to participate.
On Saturday, April 26, Blowing Rock will celebrate the Blowing Rock Walkabout where beer lovers can indulge in pairings, tasting flights and more at many local area eateries and bars.
Local bars that currently offer local North Carolina beers include Blowing Rock Ale House Brewery, Foggy Rock Eatery, Town Tavern, Canyons Restaurant, Six Pence Pub, The New Public House, Twigs, Bistro Roca and more!
Simply grab a Blowing Rock Walkabout Map from any of the participating businesses and visit each location for free beer tastings and more. Identification will be checked at each location, so be sure to have it handy.
Check out the events at each location:
- Stop by the Blowing Rock Inn to meet Appalachian Mountain Brewery of Boone and try their latest brews.
- Local breweries will join up with local businesses at the North end of Main Street behind Footsloggers to enjoy live music, beer tastings and food sampling in a Block Party Blow-Out! Don’t forget to check out the special offers at Footsloggers, Rustic and Cabin Fever and special lodging rates at Mountainaire Inn.
- Stop by the Blowing Rock Market for a low country shrimp boil and to sample North Carolina beers and some great snacks.
- Check out beer made right in Blowing Rock and take a rare look inside the Blowing Rock Ale House during the Open Brewery event.
- Stop by Six Pence Pub to taste the latest brews from Highland Brewing Company
- Check out the Pig Pickin’ and beer tasting at the Town Tavern on Main Street and catch some live music by Dr. Bacon and delicious barbeque starting at 3 p.m.
In addition, the Blowing Rock Market will offer special cases that feature different North Carolina beers, and will offer special prices on a different North Carolina beer each day through the month of April.
Blowing Rock Produce and Provisions will also offer special prices from five to 20 percent off of North Carolina beers throughout April.
Restaurants and bars all around Blowing Rock will offer special events like beer challenges, tastings, flights and much more all April long.
The Beer Challenge at Foggy Rock Eatery
Answer three beer-themed questions correctly any night in April and receive a free Foggy Rock pint glass and coozie! The questions change daily so be sure to brush up on your beer trivia! Foggy Rock Eatery is located at 8180 Valley Boulevard in Blowing Rock. For more information, call 828-295-7262.
Twigs Restaurant N.C. Beer Nights
Every Friday night in April, Twigs Restaurant will offer North Carolina craft beers all day and live music from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. with no cover charge. Twigs is located at 7956 Valley Boulevard in Blowing Rock. For more information, call 828-295-5050.
N.C. Beer Tastings at Six Pence Pub
Six Pence Pub will offer free tastings of North Carolina beer offerings from 1-4 p.m. each Saturday afternoon in April. Each weekend will feature a different brewery, including Howard Brewing of Lenoir, Catawba Brewing of Asheville, Natty Greene’s of Greensboro and Highland Brewing of Asheville. Six Pence Pub is located at 1121 Main Street in Blowing Rock. For more information, call 828-295-3155.