March 22, 2013. Welcome to Avery County Schools:
- Amy Griffin joining Cranberry Middle School
- James Stamey joining the maintenance team
- Elisabeth Smith teaming with child nutrition
- Shannon Silver working with our EC department
For complete information about Avery County Schools visit www.averyschools.net.
- March 19 Avery Scholars Night at Avery High School 6:30pm – media center
- Topics: Financial Planning and information about opportunities/programs (presentation-Skip Watts, College Foundation of NC representative) For questions contact Dr. Jamie Johnson [email protected]
- March 19: Newland Elementary PTO 6:30 Media Center
- March 29: National WWII Museum Essay Contest Deadline
- For middle and high school students
- Topic: How can people who disagree work together for victory?”
- Complete contest information is available at www.nationalww2museum.org/essaycontests
- March 29-April 1: No school-Holiday/Easter Season
- April 9: Board of Education Meeting, 5:30 County Commissioners Building
- April 18 to April 21, Spring Break
- April 26, Avery Scholars College Visit Day
- April 27, AHS 2013 Prom – Prom applications are available at the high school.
- All applications are due March 28, 3 pm. Prom ticket sales begin April 8.
- $40 per couple or $25 single (Juniors) and $15 single (Seniors)
- Questions? please contact Mrs. Clark or Mrs. Hughes 733.0151
- May 2, End of the Year Employee Celebration
- May 6 – 10, Teacher/Employee/Child Nutrition Appreciation Week
- May 9, Avery Shining Stars Show! Avery High School (More information to come!)
- May 9, Avery High School 9th Grade Health Fair
- June 5, Last day for students (weather permitting)
- Graduation has not yet been determined.
2013 Kindergarten Registrations: 8:30 am
- April 4, NES
- April 9, BES
- April 11, CES
- April 16, FTES
- April 17, RES
For more information on kindergarten registration, visit www.averyschools.net.
Pre-K Screening Dates
Families of children who will reach their fourth birthday by August 31, 2013 are encouraged to apply for Pre-K, 2013. Screenings will take place at all elementary schools on the following dates:
- April 29: Banner Elk Elementary, Principal Debra Wilcox
- April 30: Crossnore Elementary, Principal Ruth Shirley
- May 1: Riverside Elementary, Principal Tracy Grit
- May 2: Freedom Trail Elementary, Principal Brenda Reese
- May 3: Newland Elementary, Principal Tammy Beach