by Madison V. Fisler
June 2, 2014. The Alta Vista Gallery invites the community to meet some of their local artists and to view their newest works at monthly receptions on the fourth Saturday of each month starting in June from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The 2014 schedule for the Gallery Receptions is as follows:
- June 28 – Joan Sporn’s New Oils: Trees and More
- July 26 – “The Power of Yallow,” Oils by Bennette Rowan
- Aug. 23 – “High Country Landscapes” Oils by Sheila Hancock
- Sept. 27 – “Mountains and Gardens” Oils by Jean Pollock
- Oct. 25 – “This is My Father’s World” Oil Landscapes by Amos Westmoreland
- Oct 25 – Alta Vista Gallery’s 24th Anniversary Party
- Nov. 29 – Annual Christmas Open House featuring Oil Landscapes of the High Country by Bob Francisco
Alta Vista Gallery showcases more than 100 artists in oils, pastels, watercolors, limited edition prints, kaleidoscopes, stained-glass, fused glass, handmade jewelry, art tiles and Mangum pottery.
The gallery allows paintings to go home “on approval” and offers lay away and custom framing services.
Alta Vista Gallery is located at 2839 Broadstone Rd. in Valle Crucis in a farmhouse listed on the National Register of Historic Properties between the Mast Farm Inn and the Mast Store Annex.
For more information about these events or the gallery, visit www.AltaVistaGallery.com or call the gallery at 828-963-5247.