by Madison V. Fisler
Oct. 10, 2013. The 20th annual Todd New River Festival, presented by the Todd Ruritan Club, is scheduled for Oct. 12. The beloved fall festival features crafts, food, music and more for the entire family.
This decades-old festival is held on the banks of the beautiful New River in Todd at the Cook Memorial Park from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
This year’s music lineup is as follows:
- 9-10 a.m.: Steve Lewis and Brandy Miller
- 10-11 a.m. : Norris Family
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m. : Creekside Grass
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. : Left of Blue
- 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. : Upright & Breathing
- 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. : Dan Mosely Band
- 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. : Wolf Brothers
- 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. : Danny Hodges
Along with the all-day musical entertainment, there will also be fun things for the kids like face painting and special children’s activities to make this event into a family-friendly fun-filled day. The festival also offers an old-fashioned gospel concert, horseshoe toss, crafts, checkers contests, storytelling and more all day long.
“We are expecting between 2,500 and 3,000 people to come out to the festival,” said Barry Stephens, board chairman of the Todd Ruritan Club.
“The biggest thing is that it is a free family event. The only charge is parking, which is $5, and includes the shuttle from the parking lot to the festival.”