By Jesse Wood
Dec. 11, 2013. The ASU Board of Trustees will meet the morning of Friday, Dec. 13, to vote on the proposed tuition and fees for the 2014-15 academic year.
While campus-based tuition for in-state undergrads has increased by 67 percent since 2008-09, no increase is proposed for 2014-15. An increase to a number of fees, however, is proposed. The UNC Board of Governors must approve of the proposal after the ASU Board of Trustees votes on Friday. Take a look at the numbers below.
- Tuition: $3,772 – zero percent increase
- General Fees: $2,087 – 2.4 percent increase
- Indebtedness Fees: $579 – 6 percent increase
- Room & Board: $6,680 – 7.1 percent
- Misc Service Charges: $365
Total Tuition, Fees, Room & Board and Service Charges: $13,483 (4.1 percent increase over last year)
- Education & Technology: Increase of $6 to $495, a 1.2 percent increase
- Athletics Fees: Increase of $33 to $701, a 4.9 percent increase
- Health Services: $268, a zero percent increase
- Student Activities: Increase of $10 to $623, a 1.6 percent increase
- Student Union: $100, zero percent increase
- Leadership Annex: $38, zero percent increase
- Infrastructure Improvement: $14, zero percent increase
- Student Rec Center: $142, zero percent increase
- Dining Facilities: $105, zero percent increase
- Athletics Facilities Debt Service: Increase of $33 to $180, 22.4 percent increase
- Room and Board: Increase of $440 to $6,680, a 7.1 percent increase
Misc. Service Charges:
- Book Rental – remains the same at $250
- Transportation increases 8.6 percent to $114
- ASG Fee (UNC Board of Governors)
Increase for parking fees are also proposed. Click here for more information on parking fees.
As for in-state grad students, total tuition, fees, room and board and service charges comes out to $13,764 – an increase of 4 percent
As for out-of-state undergrads, total tuition, fees, room and board and service charges comes out to $26,650 – an increase of 5.9 percent.
As for out-of-state grad students, total tuition, fees, room and board and service charges comes out to $25,709 – an increase of 2.1 percent.
CLICK HERE to see the complete proposals for all prospective students: in-state undergrads, in-state grads, out-of-state undergrads and out-of-state grads.