Compiled by Madison V. Fisler
Living Healthy Program to Begin June 10
Are you over the age of 60 and dealing with a chronic disease, such as asthma, diabetes, COPD, heart disease, arthritis, or fibromyalgia? If so, the Living Healthy program may be your answer for a better quality of life. The Living Healthy Program is a six week education group designed to help people like you learn how to live a healthier life with a chronic condition. This free program will be held at the Harrill Senior Center on Mondays from 9:30a.m.-12p.m. beginning June 10. Please call 265-8090 to register. Limited space is available for people under the age of 60.
Avery High FFA Plant Sale
Plants ready for purchase in the AHS student maintained greenhouse!
The greenhouse will be opened daily at 9:30 to 11 and then again around 1:30. If you need to pick up plants at a different time, contact Gretchen Blackburn at [email protected]
We are out there every day during 4th.
Here are your options:
- Full flats are $12.00, mix or match
- Each flats holds 18 plants or 36 plants depending on what you want. (most herbs are in the 18’s)
- If you buy individuals, the 4″ pots are $1.00, the 18’s are $.75 and the 3pk of 36’s are $1.00.
- Hanging baskets are $10 and $12 and mixed herb or salad pots are $10-$12
- Basil, Dill, Parsley, Cilantro, Thyme, Oregano
- Tomato and Pepper plants
- Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, swiss chard, arugula, lettuce.
- Flowers-starting to bloom
- Hanging baskets-spider plants, ferns, wandering jew, then tomato hanging baskets, some with mixed plants with it.
- Please come out and support the FFA.and the local food movement!
The Mountain Laurel Quilt Guild will hold its monthly meeting on Thursday, June 6th, at 1:30 PM. We meet in the conference room on the second floor of the Senior Center on Poplar Grove Connector in Boone. Our new officers will be installed and then we will have a reception with finger food and tea. It will be an excellent way to meet quilters. Please bring your quilts for show-and-tell. Call Dolores at 295-6148 if you have any questions.
Jonathan Scales Fourchestra
I hope this finds you well, I’m reaching out about Jonathan Scales Fourchestra’s upcoming album and Boone show. On June 22nd the steel pan driven avant-garde trio will be in town for a show at Boone Saloon, can you please make sure this show receives calendar listing and spotlight consideration? They will be releasing their new full length self titled album July 9th on Ropeadope Records (Medeski Martin & Wood, Snarky Puppy, Charlie Hunter). Said to have “a Thelonius Monk-like attitude with a Mozart creativity that works.” (Pan on the Net), the Fourchestra’s upcoming Summer release will feature guest collaborators like Grammy winning Victor Wooten and Howard Levy (Bela Fleck and the Flecktones), fiddler Casey Driessen, and horn players from the Michael Buble Band. The live show is a combination of brilliant composition met with innovative, playful and contagious energy.