July 12, 2012. Boone Police have charged Curtiss Stafford, age 24, of Boone, NC with three counts of felony Embezzlement. This was subsequent to an investigation into several checks that were written and cashed for personal use out of his fraternity’s account, in which he was the acting treasurer. Mr. Stafford was arrested by the Boone Police Department and given a $10,000 unsecured bond with a court date set for August 30, 2012 in Watauga County. He was also served with an order for arrest out of Gaston County for a failure to appear in reference to failure to wear a seatbelt and driving while license is revoked. He was given a written promise to appear with a court date for August 7, 2012 in Gaston County.
- Local Company, Stick Boy Bread Co., Featured in Our State Magazine
- Grandfather Mountain Announces 2017 Schedule of Events
- Horton Hotel Developers Held Ceremonial Groundbreaking on Thursday in Downtown Boone
- County Employee Assaulted at Baseball Fields, Crime Stoppers Looking for Suspect
- Crime Stoppers: ECRS Tagged in Downtown Boone