Sept. 5, 2012. The North Carolina State Highway Patrol has released its Labor Day Weekend totals for “On the Road, On the Water, Don’t Drink and Drive” campaign. The “On the Road, On the Water, Don’t Drink and Drive” campaign is a multi-agency initiative with Division of Law Enforcement Wildlife Resources Commission and the Alcohol Law Enforcement Division that is designed to combine law enforcement resources to ensure that all motorists can safely travel on highway and waterways during the summer months.
Enforcement totals for the period of Sept. 1 through Sept. 3 are provided below:
- Driving While Impaired: 221
- Provisional License Violation: 18
- Other Implied Consent Violation: 61
- Drug Violations: 12
- Drug Paraphernalia: 10
- Seatbelt Violations: 857
- Child Restraint Violations: 132
- Equipment Violations: 519
- Driver License Violation: 892
- Registration Violation: 859
- Other Violations: 2999
For ALE and Wildlife Resources Commission holiday totals, please contact each respective agency.