May 17, 2012. Boone Police have charged a Chapel Hill, N.C. man with felony breaking and entering, felony larceny after breaking and entering, and felony obtain property by false pretense. This was subsequent to an investigation into a break-in at a Blairmont community home reported on May 3, 2012. The man was identified as Michael Thomas Stephenson, age 19, and Appalachian State University student. Mr. Stephenson was arrested on May 16, 2012 and was taken before a Watauga County Magistrate who issued a $15,000.00 unsecured bond. Mr. Stephenson has a court date scheduled for July 24, 2012 in Watauga County.
- Crime Stoppers, Beech Mountain PD Searching for Male Considered Missing & Endangered
- White Creek Fire in the Linville Gorge 80 Percent Contained, Now Estimated 4,355 Acres
- Carolina Public Press: Breaking Down Municipal Staff Salaries of WNC Cities and Towns, Part 1
- Report: Dunkin’ Donuts To Move in at Old Frogurt Location on Blowing Rock Road?
- WHAT’S GOING ON? Hungry Howie’s Going in Old Frogurt Building on Blowing Rock Road