May 17, 2012. Boone Police have charged a Chapel Hill, N.C. man with felony breaking and entering, felony larceny after breaking and entering, and felony obtain property by false pretense. This was subsequent to an investigation into a break-in at a Blairmont community home reported on May 3, 2012. The man was identified as Michael Thomas Stephenson, age 19, and Appalachian State University student. Mr. Stephenson was arrested on May 16, 2012 and was taken before a Watauga County Magistrate who issued a $15,000.00 unsecured bond. Mr. Stephenson has a court date scheduled for July 24, 2012 in Watauga County.
- Boone Police Arrest Marijuana & Pill Dealer, Assisted in Investigation by U.S. Postal Service
- Boone Police Conclude Armed Robbery Investigation & File Drug Charges
- Letters / On ‘Fake News’ and Journalists
- Gov. Cooper Nominates New Members for DOT Board, Including Watauga’s Cullie Tarleton
- Winston-Salem Councilwoman Adams To Challenge U.S. Rep. Virginia Foxx in 2018