May 17, 2012. Boone Police have charged a Chapel Hill, N.C. man with felony breaking and entering, felony larceny after breaking and entering, and felony obtain property by false pretense. This was subsequent to an investigation into a break-in at a Blairmont community home reported on May 3, 2012. The man was identified as Michael Thomas Stephenson, age 19, and Appalachian State University student. Mr. Stephenson was arrested on May 16, 2012 and was taken before a Watauga County Magistrate who issued a $15,000.00 unsecured bond. Mr. Stephenson has a court date scheduled for July 24, 2012 in Watauga County.
- Bills Seek To End Permits for Concealed Handguns
- Horton Hotel Developers Held Ceremonial Groundbreaking on Thursday in Downtown Boone
- Local Company, Stick Boy Bread Co., Featured in Our State Magazine
- Grandfather Mountain Announces 2017 Schedule of Events
- Watauga County Deeds – Feb. 16-23: 31 Deed Transfers With a Total Value of $7,906,500.00