1000 x 90

The Worthless Son-in-Laws and Tom Farthing to Perform Friday at Friday Concerts at the Jones House at 5 p.m.

Aug. 28, 2013. The Worthless Son-In-Laws bring their band and new album to the Jones House this Friday for a performance, along with songwriters Rod Farthing and Tom Shirley, continuing the Town of Boone’s Summer Concerts series.

 The event will kick off with songwriter Rod Farthing at 5:00 p.m.  Farthing is a local farmer, guitar player, and songwriter.  “Rod incorporates themes of life on the farm and in the southern mountains into his songs,” says Concerts organizer, Mark Freed.  “It has been several years since he joined us at the Jones House, and we are excited to have him back.”

 Boone native, Tom Shirley will follow Farthing, bringing his own spin on song writing.  Shirley performed sets the past two years, and this yea he will be joined by his wife, Pamela Shirley, and friend Truman Dodge. 

“Tom has written some really good songs,” Freed adds.  “He has been at this for about 40 years, and he his craft has clearly been honed.” 

 The evening will finish with local celebrated alt-country, Americana band, The Worthless Son-In-Laws.  The Son-In-Laws have become a regular featured act in the Summer Concerts at the Jones House, and this year they will arrive with a new recording in hand. 

“I know they are excited to share their new cd with our concert-goers at the Jones House,” Freed says.  “This sophomore release has been a few years in the making, and they have had the time to mold the songs both in the studio and on the stage.” 

 The Concerts at the Jones House are produced by the Town of Boone and sponsored by the Downtown Boone Development Association, Mast General Store, Footsloggers, MPrints, Stick Boy Bread Co., Melanie’s, and Farmer’s Rentals.  The FREE concerts take place every Friday, starting at 5:00 p.m., rain or shine.  People are encouraged to bring their own chair or blanket.  For more information, including a complete schedule, visit www.joneshousecommunitycenter.org or call (828) 262-4576.