Oct. 25, 2013. Autumn is very much upon us here in the High Country and local galleries are featuring a different sort of fall color this Saturday, Oct. 26, with the Greater Avery Tour de Art.
This Tour features various creative creations like pottery, metal, glass, jewelry and paintings at the 13 studios and galleries participating in the tour.
Tour maps can be picked up at the participating galleries and studios.
Participating galleries include:
- Alta Vista Gallery: Come visit Alta Vista Gallery, located at 2839 Broadstone Road in Valle Crucis, to view fine arts and crafts in all media by more than 200 artists. For more information, please call 828-963-5247.
- Anvil Arts Studio: Located at 9600 Linville Hwy in Linville Falls, visit Anvil Arts Studio to visit the sculpture garden, sculpture studio, sculptural lighting and more by master sculptor Bill Brown. For more information, call 828-765-6226.
- Art Cellar Gallery: Come to the Art Cellar Gallery to view original painting and sculptures from local and southeastern artists. The Art Cellar Gallery is located at 920 Shawneehaw Avenue in Banner Elk. For more information, call 828-898-5175.
- Carlton Gallery: Located at 10360 N.C. 105 South in Banner Elk, visit Carlton Gallery to view fine art and contemporary crafts from local, regional and even national artists. For more information, call 828-963-4288.
- Crossnore Fine Arts Gallery: Located at 205 Johnson Lane in Crossnore, come view regional painters, sculptors and more with all proceeds supporting Crossnore School. For more information, call 828-733-3144.
- Kevin Beck Studio: Visit Kevin Beck Studio to enjoy paintings of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Kevin Beck Studio is located at 1590 Shull’s Mill Road in Boone. For more information, please call 828-963-1181.
- Visit the Linville Arts District, located off U.S. 221 in Linville to visit 87 Ruffin Street Gallery, Old Hampton Store, Resident Artists’ Group. For more information, call 828-737-0420.
- Linville River Pottery, located 2180 Goose Hollow Road in Pineola, features stonewear and porcelain teapots vases, bowls, mugs and more handmade by Patti Connor-Green as well as handmade quilts by Virginia Greene. For more information, call 828-387-1944.
- Maggie Black Pottery: Visit Maggie Black Pottery, located at 112 Clubhouse Drive, Suite 1 in Foscoe, for functional and decorative works by local potters. For more information, call 828-773-2459.
- Pam Brewer Studio: Located at 41 Redbird Lane in Newland, Pam Brewer Studio features ceramics by Pam Brewer, Lucy Hamilton and Tim Turner. For more information, call 828-733-5755.
- Rivercross Market: Rivercross Market, located at 3595 N.C. 194 South in Valle Crucis, features unique and trendy collection of family-friendly arts and crafts, all made in the USA. For more information, call 828-963-8623.
- Sally Nooney Gallery: Located at 7137 N.C. 194 South in Banner Elk, Resident artist Sally Nooney creates original paintings, functional glass creations and unique jewelry. For more information, call828-963-7347.
- Studio of Mike Hill & Art Purveyors World Headquarters: Located at 112 Aldridge Park off N.C. 105 South in Foscoe, this studio features cartoons, paintings and graphic design by Mike Hill, with fine art giclee prints by regional artists, as well as “Art-o-Mat,” fine art supplies and services. For more information, call 828-963-7246.