By Jessica Isaacs | [email protected]
Kick-off summer in the High Country with a sampling of its best restaurants, wineries and breweries at the annual Taste of Avery event on June 2 at the Best Western Mountain Lodge in Banner Elk.
Get your tickets today and get ready to stroll through a smorgasbord of signature dishes and drinks prepared by some of the area’s finest establishments.
Hosted by the Avery County Chamber of Commerce, this popular annual event will give you a closer look at the local food scene. Guests can try a little bit of everything, enjoy a fun evening of live music and fine dining and head home with a long list of new favorite restaurants to visit this summer.
Melynda Martin Pepple, the chamber’s executive director, said the program aims to show local residents and visitors alike that they don’t have to leave the mountain or head out of town for a great dining experience.
“Our goal is to lift up our local restaurants, wineries and breweries to let everyone know what they serve and what is available to them in our area,” she said. “Our price is really reasonable and it’s a great opportunity for the first of the summer.”
Taste of Avery
More than 20 vendors will serve up a variety of their favorite foods and beverages for you to try while you enjoy live music performed by Bill Stevenson on guitar.
“Bill is on the acoustic guitar and plays all different types of easy listening music,” said Pepple. “He kind of has his own thing going and he is very entertaining.”
If you join the fun, you’ll take home contact information and details on every participating establishment. That way, when you’re making plans to wine and dine your friends this summer, you’ll know exactly where to go.
“When you get here we will give you a card that’s printed front and back and will tell you where everybody’s located,” Pepple said. “It will give you the addresses and phone numbers of all the places they tried at the event.”
Taste of Avery will take place from 6-8:30 p.m. that Thursday and will also feature a cash bar.
The Best Western Mountain Lodge is located at 1615 Tynecastle Highway in Banner Elk.
Tickets are just $25 online or $30 at the door.
For more information or to get your tickets in advance, call the chamber at 828-898-5605 or visit averycounty.com.
Participating establishments will include:
- The Buttersong Baking Company
- Cam Ranh Bay
- Carolina Barbeque
- Chef Avery-Featuring specialties cooked in Cast Iron
- Eat Crow
- Erick’s Cheese & Wine
- Famous Fast Eddies BBQ and Grill
- Kaye’s Kitchen & Catering
- Loaves & Fishes Restaurant & Catering
- Mason Jar Café
- Miracle Grounds Coffee Cafe
- Puerto Neuvo Mexican & Seafood
- The Inn at Crestwood
- The Italian Restaurant
- Banner Elk Winery
- Beech Mountain Brewing Co.,
- Flat Top Brewing Co.
- Grandfather Vineyard & Winery,
- High Country Tap Room
- Linville Falls Winery
- Lost Province Brewing Co.
Other upcoming events hosted by the Avery Chamber:
- Avery County Wine & Beer Festival, Linville Falls Winery, Linville- June 25, 2016
- July Fine Art & Master Crafts Festival, Downtown Banner Elk – July 15-16, 2016
- August Fine Art & Master Crafts Festival, Downtown Banner Elk- August 12-13, 2016
- Avery Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner- Sugar Mountain – September 1, 2016
- Avery Chamber Golf Classic, Sponsored by SkyLine/SkyBest & CarolinaWest Wireless, Grandfather Golf & Country Club, Linville – October 4, 2016
- 39th Annual Woolly Worm Festival, Downtown Banner Elk – October 15-16, 2016
You must be logged in to post a comment.