By Jessica Isaacs
Forget the shopping list this week and plan on dining out, because there are some fantastic deals going on right now during the second annual Restaurant Week in Blowing Rock.
Return to your favorite establishments or try something new this week. Participating restaurants are offering up to three-course meals for just $15-$30, giving you a chance to check out fine dining in Blowing Rock and treat yourself to delectable meals at affordable prices. Each restaurant’s regular menu is still available, but these great deals only last through Sunday.
Restaurant Week is hosted by the Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce, which, according to its website, aims “to promote, protect and improve business through the cultural, social and economic development, growth and sustainability of Blowing Rock while preserving the charm and character of the village.”
Chamber Executive Director Charles Hardin said that Restaurant Week is all about celebrating the variety of dining options that the town has to offer, as well as the talented folks behind those restaurants.
“We believe Blowing Rock is a real culinary destination. We have restaurants covering the whole spectrum — it goes into really fine dining and everything in between,” Hardin said. “We’re telling everybody we see to close the kitchen at home and eat out every night this week.”
In addition to the excellent prices for local residents, the weeklong specials give those returning to the High Country for the summer a chance to learn more about dining in the community.
“Obviously it’s for our locals, but also our seasonal people who are just now arriving back,” Hardin said. “Our population in the winter is 1,200, but Blowing Rock will have about 8,000 people here in the summer. That’s a lot of folks who may need to reacquaint themselves with the variety of foods that we have to offer.”
Restaurant Week is a great way to find real deals on fine dining that may otherwise be a lot more expensive. Try signature dishes and menu favorites from participating establishments and you’ll add to your list of great places to go for lunch or dinner in the High Country.
“This year’s event offers the local consumer and visitors an opportunity to try several really great restaurants at a reasonable cost,” Hardin said in a recent release. “Blowing Rock has become a real ‘foodie’ destination, featuring a great variety of locally-owned restaurants. There is truly something for everyone during Restaurant Week.”
Participating restaurants include:
- The Best Cellar: Three courses for $30 at dinner, classic menu items available.
- Bistro Roca: Three courses for $30 at dinner, reservations suggested.
- Chestnut Grille: Special menu available at dinner.
- The Divide Tavern: Special menu available at dinner.
- Foggy Rock Eatery: Three courses for $15, two for $10 or four for $20. Special small plates available for $5 at lunch and dinner.
- The Gamekeeper: Three courses for $30 featuring locally grown harvests, farm-raised meats, game and fresh seafood.
- The New Public House: Three courses for $30, reservations suggested.
- Papa Joe’s Italian American Restaurant: Three courses for $15, special menu available for lunch and dinner.
- The Restaurant at Gideon Ridge: Three courses for $30 at dinner, make reservations early.
- Roots: Three courses for $30 available at dinner, southern home cooking with a flair and locally-sourced ingredients.
- The Table at Crestwood: Three courses for $30 available at dinner.
- The Town Tavern: Three courses for $15 available at lunch and dinner.
- Woodlands: Three courses for $15 available at lunch and dinner.
Learn more about Restaurant Week online.
Visit the chamber online for more information about its programs and its members.
You must be logged in to post a comment.