Aug. 27, 2012. Boone Area Chamber of Commerce will recognize the 2012 Business of the Year at their October Business After Hours event hosted by Bare Essentials Natural Market on Thursday, Oct. 25. Nominations for this year’s award are sought from Chamber members and the community at large.
Demonstrate the nominee’s performance in as many of the following areas as applicable:
1) Staying power – a substantiated history as an established business
2) Growth and number of employees – a benchmark to judge economic impact on the area job market
3) Increase in sales and/or unit volume – an indication of continued growth
4) Innovativeness of products or service offered – illustrations of the creativity and imagination of the originator of the business and/or subsequent manager
5) Response to adversity – example of problems faced by the business and the solutions taken in resolving them
6) Evidence of contributions to community – oriented projects through the use of employee time or their resources
7) Use of local resources – utilizes educational institutions, natural resources, goods, services, etc.
Nominations must be submitted to the Boone Area Chamber of Commerce located at 870 West King St., Suite A, Boone, NC 28607 by mail, emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to 828-264-6644 no later than Friday, Oct, 5.
Name of business or organization________________________________________________________________
State reasons why you feel this business or organization qualifies for the award (attach separate page).