Back by popular demand! Saturday, June 20, for one day only, the Foscoe and Grandfather communities will host the third Home Decor Stirabout. Several businesses invite guests to stop in for open house events, where there will be door prizes, refreshments and one-day-only sales.
“We held this event for the first time in June 2014, and we were thrilled with the response we received,” said Susan Bracewell, operations manager at DeWoolfson Linens in Foscoe. “It was a great success and we are excited to bring it back this year. It is a bit like an art walk, and the idea is to visit these businesses on the same day, when they are all having special open house events. Each business is doing something different.”
Participating businesses will include:
- DeWoolfson Down: Offering European-inspired down comforters, pillows and featherbeds, DeWoolfson Down can have a comforter filled just to the right weight or a pillow hand-stuffed to your specifications. The store offers luxury linens from all around the world. 9452 N.C. Highway 105.
- Carlton Gallery: Carlton Gallery is one of the most established galleries in the High Country, specializing in all mediums with more than 200 artists represented. Toni Carlton’s studio will be open with her Spring Group Exhibition. 10360 N.C. Highway 105.
- The Gilded Age Antiques and Interiors: Specializing in 17th-19th century English and Continental furniture and accessories all imported from Europe, The Gilded Age offers items from antiques to interior design. 10890 N.C. Highway 105.
- Tatum Galleries: Tatum Galleries offers a large selection of handmade furniture, patio furniture, accessories and interior design services for residential, commercial and remodeling needs. 5320 N.C. Highway 105.
- Participating business will have an open house sign or balloons out front, denoting that they are indeed participating in the event.
Items that can be found during the Home Decor Stirabout include antiques, bedding, interior design, art, furniture and much more, all without having to venture from the Foscoe area.
“Foscoe is a unique community,” Bracewell said. “There is an endless variety of businesses to check out. We are trying to introduce locals and visitors alike to come in and see what we have to offer, and this is a great opportunity to do that.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.