Nov. 26, 2013. The Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce proudly announces the newest members of its Board of Directors, a group of local professionals representing diverse industries – among them Marcia Greene, Director of Marketing at Chetola Resort; Jim Pitts, General Manager of Blue Ridge Mountain Club; Cullie Tarleton, former district representative of the state House of Representatives; and Jess Wehrmann, owner of Monkee’s of Blowing Rock.
“The Chamber is proud to welcome this exceptional group of business leaders to its Board of Directors. These executives and entrepreneurs hail from multiple sectors, including retail, marketing, government and residential development — all key industries which the Blowing Rock Chamber is actively involved in,” said the Chamber’s Executive Director, Charles Hardin. “Our organization is led by some of Blowing Rock’s top professionals who understand that connecting with customers is the key to growth in today’s fiercely competitive marketplace.”
Currently, the Board of Directors is comprised of 18 members including:
- Cathy Robbins, Marketing Director at Tweetsie Railroad;
- Cathy Williamson, owner of Kilwin’s Chocolates & Ice Cream;
- Chelsea Garrett, attorney at di Santi Watson Capua & Wilson;
- Cindy Milner, owner of Bistro Roca, The New Public House and Gideon Ridge;
- David Barker, owner of Blowing Rock Market;
- Dick Goosman, President at Meadowbrook Inn; Don Hubble, Individual Representative;
- Doug Pegram, Co-owner of Village Real Estate ; John Aldridge, president of Airlie Enterprises;
- Keith Neaves, owner of Neaco;
- Kevin Troyer, owner of 4 Forty Four Inc.;
- Betsy Collins, Individual Representative; Mandy Poplin, manager of Doncaster Outlet;
- Margaret Holder, general manager at Chetola Resort;
- Melissa Pickett, owner of Blowing Rock Inn;
- Rita Davis, branch manager at First Citizens of Blowing Rock;
- Steven Price, general manager and architect of Westglow Spa & Rowland’s Restaurant; and
- Suzanne Miller, owner of Blowing Rock Antique Center.
Leaving the Board this year will be Margaret Holder of Chetola Resort. She served on the Board of Directors for 6 years, including two years as president. The new president of the Board for 2014 will be Cathy Robbins of Tweetsie, succeeding John Aldridge. As president for 2013, part of Aldridge’s legacy will be that he emphasized the chamber’s commitment to special events, education of its members through workshops and other tools, and helped to encourage Blowing Rock’s “seasonality of market”.
“Over the past years, we have worked to bring strong, committed individuals to our board, and we have successfully continued that process this year,” states Aldridge. “We are indeed fortunate to have hard working, positive, and forward looking board members who love Blowing Rock, and who will continue to work with our new board members to make our special town the best it can be”.
2014 promises to be an exciting year for the Chamber with new initiatives to support business and greater endeavors to promote and foster a great community spirit amongst businesses, locals and our extensive tourist population.