The Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Awards Ceremony and Luncheon will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 9 at Meadowbrook Inn & Suites. Registration and networking will begin at 11:30 a.m. and the program will start promptly at Noon. The cost is $25 per person. Call 828-295-7851 to purchase tickets.
This year’s presenting sponsor is Piedmont Federal Savings Bank of Boone, North Carolina. For more than 100 years, Piedmont Federal’s goal has been a simple one: to help people become homeowners and save for life’s needs. Their overall focus is on sound financial solutions and personalized customer service.
The following is a list of the nominees:
- United Community Bank Award for New Construction is given in recognition of an outstanding new building completed in 2015.
- Blowing Rock School Playground
- High Gravity Adventures
- Memorial Park Rotary Gazebo
- 4 Forty Four Inc. Award for New Commercial Renovation is given in recognition of an outstanding commercial renovation completed in 2015.
- American Legion
- Sunny Rock / Foggy Rock
- Renaissance II Productions Award for Cultural Enrichment is given to the member business or organization that has made a significant cultural contribution to our community for the year 2015. This includes installation, development or production of visual or performing arts, a literary or written contribution, or for the development or preservation of an artifact, place, event, cuisine, garden, or way of life of historical or social importance to Blowing Rock.
- Blowing Rock Art and History Museum (BRAHM)
- Blowing Rock Charity Horse Show
- Ensemble Stage
- The Blue Ridge Mountain Club Award for Service to Community is given to the member business or organization which makes positive contributions to the Blowing Rock Community through volunteerism, philanthropy, or community service. Nominees will have made a measurable impact toward the improvement of an issue of importance to the Blowing Rock Community.
- 4 Forty Four
- Appalachian Ski Mountain
- Rotary Club
- VPC Builders
- Blue Ridge Electric Membership Corp. Winter Wonderland Lighting Award is given to the business with the best lighting/winter themed décor during the new festive lighting period after the New Year created by the Blowing Rock Chamber.
- Memorial Park
- Samaritan’s Purse
- The Inn at Ragged Gardens
- First Citizens Bank Jerry Burns Ambassadorial Award celebrates the enthusiasm of Blowing Rock’s most ardent supporter. This award will be presented to an individual who gives selflessly to Blowing Rock with no thought for personal gain thus exemplifying the ambassadorial spirit of the late Jerry Burns.
- Cathy Robbins
- David Rogers
- Wayne Underwood
- The Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year excels in areas of community involvement, business promotion, and teamwork. The Business of the Year will reflect the best of Blowing Rock, demonstrating high ethical standards and community spirit in accordance with the mission of the Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce.
- Blue Ridge Mountain Club
- Kilwins of Blowing Rock
- Mystery Hill
In addition to these awards, the Chamber will also identify a truly helpful person who has gone above-and-beyond to volunteer for Chamber activities and events in 2015 as Volunteer of the Year. There will also be a Lifetime Achievement Award, presented by Monkee’s of Blowing Rock.
For more information, please contact Loni Miller at The Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce,