June 10, 2013. The Blowing Rock Art and History Museum (BRAHM) has a busy summer ahead. With activities available for the whole family from yoga to the first annual ball, there is something for everyone this month at the BRAHM!
The line-up of events for the month of June is as follows:
- June 13: From 6-7 p.m. Artists’ Reception at the Community Meeting Room of the Blowing Rock Art and History Museum. Featuring several of the local and regional artists in the exhibition “A Taste of Carlton Gallery” from Carlton Gallery in Banner Elk on display through the month of June.
- June 15: 10:30-11:30 a.m. Doodlebug Club at Blowing Rock Art and History Museum. Art Class for your preschool-aged doodlebug! Cost is $5 per child. Contact 828-295-9099 for more information
- June 18: at 4 p.m. Gentle yoga with Emily in the Community Meeting Room of the BRAHM. Please bring your own yoga mat. Cost is $10 for BRAHM members and $12 for non-members.
- June 19: At 9:15 a.m. yoga with Krystle in the Community Meeting Room. Please bring your own mat. Cost is $12 for non-members and $10 for members.
- June 20: At 4:30 p.m. the Third Thursday lecture series will take place at the BRAHM with speaker Shannon Vickery, director of productions at UNC-TV, discussing the role of public television in North Carolina. Reception to follow. Free to BRAHM members and $5 for non-members.
- June 20: Following the Third Thursday lecture is a book club organizational meeting. Learn more about BRAHM’s book club and help choose this summer’s reading list.
- June 21: At 10 a.m. is BRAHM’s “membership coffee”, an information get together featuring guest Claudia Heath of Claudia Heath Fine Art in Charlotte.
- June 27: from 7-10 p.m. BRAHM’s First Annual Art Ball! Dinner, drinks and entertainment in the gallaries of the American Impressionist exhibit “Art Among Friends: Four Collections of American Art.” Cost is $125 per person, table sponsorships are available. Proceeds benefit the museum. Contact the BRAHM for more information and to reserve yours space.