<p><span style=”font-size: medium; font-family: ‘arial black’, ‘avant garde’;”>Pride Week: Saturday, May 19, is Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Day and Pharmaceutical Take-Back</span> May 18, 2012. The Watauga County Board of Commissioners have designated May 14 to 19 as “Community Pride Week” with the goal of improving the appearance of Watauga County. During this week, Watauga County residents have an opportunity to dispose of many types of waste for no charge, including old furniture, yard debris, appliances, electronics and household hazardous waste. This does not apply to commercial haulers or businesses.
- Weekly Crime Reports: Activity and Arrests in Boone and Watauga County, Nov. 14 – Dec. 5
- Watauga County Schools Ranked Third-Best School System Across North Carolina
- Eustace Conway of Turtle Island Arrested December 2013 For Second-Degree Trespassing on Neighbor’s Property
- Snow Flurries & Bitter Cold Temps Hit High Country, Beech & Sugar See 8-Degree Low
- Longtime Advocate of Emergency Preparation & Fire Prevention, Sudderth Retiring