<p><span style=”font-size: medium; font-family: ‘arial black’, ‘avant garde’;”>Pride Week: Saturday, May 19, is Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Day and Pharmaceutical Take-Back</span> May 18, 2012. The Watauga County Board of Commissioners have designated May 14 to 19 as “Community Pride Week” with the goal of improving the appearance of Watauga County. During this week, Watauga County residents have an opportunity to dispose of many types of waste for no charge, including old furniture, yard debris, appliances, electronics and household hazardous waste. This does not apply to commercial haulers or businesses.
- High Country Community Reunites Missing Dog ‘Addie’ with Family, Celebrates Her Return
- Thousands Expected To Attend Women’s March on Washington, Including Bus Full of Locals
- WHAT’S GOING ON with the Old Cannon Hospital? ‘Eyesore’ Abandoned, Vandalized and For Sale
- Today’s Builders TV Show Spotlights VPC Builders, Show To Air Over Next Few Months
- Boone Police & Fire Units Respond to Three Unrelated Deaths This Past Week