<p><span style=”font-size: medium; font-family: ‘arial black’, ‘avant garde’;”>Pride Week: Saturday, May 19, is Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Day and Pharmaceutical Take-Back</span> May 18, 2012. The Watauga County Board of Commissioners have designated May 14 to 19 as “Community Pride Week” with the goal of improving the appearance of Watauga County. During this week, Watauga County residents have an opportunity to dispose of many types of waste for no charge, including old furniture, yard debris, appliances, electronics and household hazardous waste. This does not apply to commercial haulers or businesses.
- Estimated 100 Folks Turn Out for Women’s March Vigil in Downtown Boone on Saturday
- Crime Stoppers & Boone PD Search for Suspects Vandalizing Town With Graffiti Saturday
- Daniel Boone Rail Jam a Major Success, Crowd Brings Community Fun
- Divest Appalachian Group Requests App State University Divest Fossil Fuels Investments
- US Postal Service Price Increase for Forever Stamp and 1 oz. Letters Starts Jan. 22