July 11, 2012. There is a Special Craft Workshop to make a Victorian Doll Frame on Tuesday, July 24 from 10 a.m. to noon at the LE Harrill Senior Center in Boone. Come make a paper doll with ribbon, lace or silk flowers. The doll is then placed in a frame for display. All you have to bring is a frame (8×10 or 8 1/2 x 11) and $5 for materials which will be provided. Frame should have at least 4 brackets securing the back. Stop by the Harrill Center to see an example. Call 828-265-8090 to reserve a spot.
- WHAT’S GOING ON? at Old Sunrise Shopping Center in Banner Elk & The Lodges at Eagles Nest
- 5,000 Expected for Women’s March on Raleigh, Sister March Organized in West Jefferson, Too
- US Postal Service Price Increase for Forever Stamp and 1 oz. Letters Starts Jan. 22
- NationalEclipse.Com Reveals 10 Unique Places To View 2017 Total Solar Eclipse in US, Including NC
- Early Saturday Gathering in Downtown Boone Supports Women’s March on Washington