July 18, 2012. Appalachian State University athletics announced on Tuesday that Southern rock band NeedToBreathe will headline Appalachian football’s annual Fan Fest, presented by Carolina West Wireless on Saturday, Aug. 18 at Kidd Brewer Stadium.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
4 p.m. — Gates open and traditional family-friendly Fan Fest activities begin. Activities include: Mountaineer student-athletes and coaches signing autographs and taking pictures with fans, face-paining by Appalachian cheerleaders, inflatable rides for kids and access to the Kidd Brewer Stadium playing field,.
6 p.m. — Appalachian State football holds its final intrasquad scrimmage of the preseason.
8:30 p.m. — NeedToBreathe performs. A nationally acclaimed Southern rock band from Possum Kingdom, S.C., NeedToBreathe is touring nationwide on the heels of their latest album, The Reckoning, debuting at No. 6 on Billboard’s top-200 chart. NeedToBreathe has sold out venues such as Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium and Chicago’s House of Blues and scored an impressive number of placements in blockbuster films and numerous primetime television shows, including P.S. I Love You, Desperate Housewives and The Biggest Loser.
• Admission to the entire Fan Fest event, including the scrimmage, on-field activities and NeedToBreathe concert is FREE for Appalachian State football season-ticket holders and Appalachian students.
• General-admission tickets for non-season ticket holders cost just $10 and go on sale August 7 at 9 a.m. (in conjunction with single-game football ticket sales). Fan Fest tickets can be purchased online at GoASU.com, by phone at (828) 262-2079 and in person at the Appalachian athletics ticket office, located in the Holmes Center (phone and in-person sales are available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.).
• Tailgating will be permitted throughout the day (including during the event) in the following parking lots: Champions, Raley, Greenwood, Stadium and Rivers Street Parking Deck.
• Fans will be permitted to come and go as they please throughout the event. When exiting Kidd Brewer Stadium, fans will receive a wristband for re-entry.
• Appalachian State player autographs will be split into two sessions. The Mountaineer offense will sign autographs from 4:00-4:45 p.m., followed by the Appalachian defense from 4:45-5:30 p.m. (times subject to change).