June 12, 2012. The weather station at the top of Grandfather Mountain recorded above average rainfall during May. The rainfall total of 10.48 inches was 4.84 inches, or 85 percent, above the 56-year average rainfall total for May of 5.64 inches. Rain for the year-to-date is 28.3 inches, which is 2.54 inches (or 10 percent) above the norm for this time of year. Rain fell 16 days during the month.
- NationalEclipse.Com Reveals 10 Unique Places To View 2017 Total Solar Eclipse in US, Including NC
- WHAT’S GOING ON? at Old Sunrise Shopping Center in Banner Elk & The Lodges at Eagles Nest
- App State Students To Hold Walkout in Protest of Trump Administration’s Climate Change Views
- Weekly Crime Reports: Activity and Arrests in Boone and Watauga County, Jan. 9-16
- The Standard Construction Continues as Students Move In & Settle Into Spring Semester