June 12, 2012. The weather station at the top of Grandfather Mountain recorded above average rainfall during May. The rainfall total of 10.48 inches was 4.84 inches, or 85 percent, above the 56-year average rainfall total for May of 5.64 inches. Rain for the year-to-date is 28.3 inches, which is 2.54 inches (or 10 percent) above the norm for this time of year. Rain fell 16 days during the month.
- Watauga County Schools Ranked Third-Best School System Across North Carolina
- Weekly Crime Reports: Activity and Arrests in Boone and Watauga County, Nov. 14 – Dec. 5
- Watauga County Deeds – Dec. 2 – 7: 45 Deed Transfers With a Total Value of $9,059,000.00
- Snow Flurries & Bitter Cold Temps Hit High Country, Beech & Sugar See 8-Degree Low
- Longtime Advocate of Emergency Preparation & Fire Prevention, Sudderth Retiring