May 4, 2012. On Friday, May 4, several area business will host the monthly First Friday Art Crawl in downtown Boone. This month’s installment will feature the work of Rachel Ballard, youth artwork from the Elkland Art Center, live music by Charlotte band Of Good Nature and much more.
Where to go:
Green Mother Goods
116 W. King
5 to 10 p.m.
• First Friday Artist Market
ASU Turchin Center for the Visual Arts
423 W. King St.
noon to 8 p.m.
• Robert Goodnough: Abstract Expressionism & Beyond.
• “Reflections on Costa Rica: Students & Faculty Creatively Respond to An International Travel Experience.”
• “STUFF: Where does it come from and where does it go?” by Bryant Holsenbeck. Art made of all recyclable material.
• 9th Appalachian Mountain Photography Competition.
• Ruined Landscapes: Paintings of the Balkan War Zone by Laura Buxton.
• North Carolina Arts Council Artist Fellowship Award Exhibition.
• Blazing Easels (only 3 to 4:30 p.m.)
549 W. King St.
6 p.m. until …
• Susan Nassrallah. Paintings and ceramic art.
553 W. King St.
6 to 9 p.m.
• Art, card readings and energy work (ticket required, prices range from $5 to $15).
Jones House Community Center
604 W. King St.
6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Teresa Cerda and Julia Rechenbach-Moomaw. In the Mazie Jones Gallery.
• Judy Clarke. In the Serendipity Gallery.
• Cheap Joe’s Art Stuff collection. In the Open Door Gallery.
611 W. King St.
5:30 p.m. until …
• Home and garden sculptures made from recycled metals.
617 W. King St.
5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• Youth artwork from the Elkland Art Center.
• Light hors d’oeuvres.
641 W. King St.
7 p.m. until…
• Charlotte-based band Of Good Nature.
• Discounts for the best dance moves.
• Food from Char / Wine from Glug.
The Nth˚ Gallery & Studios
683 W. King St.
7:30 to 10 p.m.
• “Then and Now” sculpture exhibit by Rachel Ballard.
The Open Door
703 W. King St.
7 p.m. until…
• Live African music.
The Art of Oil
819 W. King St.
5 to 9 p.m.
• Sculptures and paintings by Davis Whitfield
• Jewelry by Laura Fly and Bella Vita Jewelry.
179 Howard St.
Until 2 a.m.
• Paintings by local High Country artists.