July 12, 2012. Boone Police have charged Curtiss Stafford, age 24, of Boone, NC with three counts of felony Embezzlement. This was subsequent to an investigation into several checks that were written and cashed for personal use out of his fraternity’s account, in which he was the acting treasurer. Mr. Stafford was arrested by the Boone Police Department and given a $10,000 unsecured bond with a court date set for August 30, 2012 in Watauga County. He was also served with an order for arrest out of Gaston County for a failure to appear in reference to failure to wear a seatbelt and driving while license is revoked. He was given a written promise to appear with a court date for August 7, 2012 in Gaston County.
- WHAT’S GOING ON? at Old Sunrise Shopping Center in Banner Elk & The Lodges at Eagles Nest
- 5,000 Expected for Women’s March on Raleigh, Sister March Organized in West Jefferson, Too
- US Postal Service Price Increase for Forever Stamp and 1 oz. Letters Starts Jan. 22
- NationalEclipse.Com Reveals 10 Unique Places To View 2017 Total Solar Eclipse in US, Including NC
- Early Saturday Gathering in Downtown Boone Supports Women’s March on Washington