May 17, 2012. Boone Police have charged a Chapel Hill, N.C. man with felony breaking and entering, felony larceny after breaking and entering, and felony obtain property by false pretense. This was subsequent to an investigation into a break-in at a Blairmont community home reported on May 3, 2012. The man was identified as Michael Thomas Stephenson, age 19, and Appalachian State University student. Mr. Stephenson was arrested on May 16, 2012 and was taken before a Watauga County Magistrate who issued a $15,000.00 unsecured bond. Mr. Stephenson has a court date scheduled for July 24, 2012 in Watauga County.
- Watauga County Schools Ranked Third-Best School System Across North Carolina
- Weekly Crime Reports: Activity and Arrests in Boone and Watauga County, Nov. 14 – Dec. 5
- Watauga County Deeds – Dec. 2 – 7: 45 Deed Transfers With a Total Value of $9,059,000.00
- Snow Flurries & Bitter Cold Temps Hit High Country, Beech & Sugar See 8-Degree Low
- Longtime Advocate of Emergency Preparation & Fire Prevention, Sudderth Retiring