Aug. 28, 2012. The Chamber is a member-driven organization, so their goals are achieved through the efforts and commitment of member volunteers. The Chamber works best when members get involved – sharing their time, talent and energy to advance our community.
Consider the following ‘engagement’ opportunities, check for meeting times on the chamber event calendar and show up. The chamber welcomes your participation.
- Business Development: investigates opportunities for economic development, business retention and recruitment.
- Community/University Engagement: identifies links between University resources and community businesses.
- Education: provides a forum for the discussion of educational issues and creates means of community support to education in Watauga County.
- everGREEN: promotes the adoption and practice of sustainable development principles which foster economic prosperity while preserving the environment for future generations.
- Government Relations: acts as the ‘voice of business’ on issues that affect the conduct and profitability of business and the community’s best interests.
- Membership Services: promotes the benefits of Chamber membership throughout the business and professional community.
- Transportation Development: partners with local, regional and state governmental bodies and other groups to define transportation problems, suggest solutions, set priorities and build support for implementation of projects.
Fax your name and email to the Boone Area Chamber of Commerce at 264-6644 or mail to 870 W. King St. Suite A, Boone, NC 28607.